BA(Music), GDipMusThy, Registered Music Therapist
In 1998, Monica graduated from a Bachelor of Arts (Music) and then went on to study a Postgraduate Diploma in Music Therapy, both at University of Queensland. Since registering as a Music Therapist in 2000, Monica has worked closely with children with special needs, children in hospital and in the community through the Sing & Grow project and her private practice.
Since 2000, Monica has planned and implemented programs for hundreds of children with special needs accessing a variety of services on the Gold Coast, Queensland, including:
- Arundel Special Education Unit
- Burleigh Special Education Developmental Unit
- Miami Special Education Unit
- Labrador Special Education Unit
- Musgrave Hill Special Education Program
- Musgrave Hill Early Childhood Developmental Program
- Mudgeeraba Special Education Unit
- Robina Special Education Class
- Southport Special School
She has also worked at
- Royal Children’s Hospital within the Queensland Paediatric Rehabilitation Service
- Multicap (a day facility for adults with disabilities)
- Nursing homes
Monica is an approved early intervention provider for children with Autism under the Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs, Helping Children with Autism funding scheme. She belongs to both Shaping Outcomes’ & Autism Gold Coast’s consortium of therapists.
Monica is on the founding committee of Everyone Deserves Music Inc. .